An informal survey of thirteen families revealed the following data about how families shop for school supplies for the coming year.
- 4 of the 13 families are done with their back to school shopping
- 6 of the 13 famlies have begun shopping but are not finished yet
- 3 of the 13 famlies have not begun shopping for school supplies at all
- 5 of the 13 have not yet received a formal “supply list”, and 4 of those 5 have begun shopping already.
- 10 of the 13 famlies expect to spend more money on school supplies than last year, even though 8 of the 13 plan to buy less items and/or reusue items purchased in past years.
What are your family’s shopping habits? Do your children reuse most supplies? Do you shop at a single store? Do you use a school issued supply list?
Please share your thoughts below.